With the holiday season just around the corner, now is the best time to pack your bags and plan an international or domestic trip. And airways are the quickest and most convenient way to reach your destination. They promise a seamless experience and numerous facilities to ensure passenger comfort. These countless benefits make airways the most preferred and busiest mode of commute. But there is a flip side to this too.
Since most people like to travel via air, airports experience high footfall and large crowds, especially during the holiday season. Since this can result in longer-than-usual queues at terminal entry, check-in and security clearance, air passengers are advised to travel smart, particularly when flying around this time of the year. So, here are a few guidelines and smart travel tips to make this happen. Let’s have a look!
Tips for travelling smart and saving time at the Delhi Airport
Following some travel hacks can help you skip long queues and ensure a smooth airport experience for all flyers. Here are some guidelines for a seamless airport journey:
1. Before leaving home
- Before commencing your journey, make sure to understand your airline's travel guidelines.
- By web check-in, you can avoid standing in the long queue at the airport. The service allows you to save time and choose seats before reaching the facility.
- Register for DigiYatra to skip the queue. The service uses your face as your boarding pass and provides quick airport entry and pre-security check. Currently, this service can only be availed of by domestic travellers. Download DigiYatra and save time at the airport.
- Prior to leaving your home, make sure to keep all your travel documents in one place, including your identity credentials.
- Check the on-ground traffic and get an idea of the estimated wait time at the queues. Planning your departure from home accordingly will ensure you reach Delhi Airport on time.
- Pack your essentials in an organised manner and try travelling with only your hand luggage.
2. On the way to the airport
- Since the common route to the Delhi Airport can be busy, it is best to plan your way to the airport through minimum traffic.
- To avoid missing your flight, start early and reach the airport ON TIME.
- Take only a few people to see you off to avoid crowding the airport forecourt.
- To commute to the Delhi Airport, consider opting for Delhi Metro. Choosing the Airport Line will offer you the benefit of city check-in.
3. Upon reaching the airport
- Flyers travelling via T3 and using DigiYatra should go through Entry E-Gate (2A). They can navigate Delhi Airport with only their faces as their IDs. Those not availing of the DigiYatra facility should enter from any other gate, whether travelling to international or domestic destinations.
- If you missed doing a web check-in from home, self-checking-in at the airport facility is advised.
- Opt for a self-baggage drop instead of standing in queues for airline baggage check-in.
- If you're using DigiYatra, proceed towards the DigiYatra Gate at Zone 1 PESC (near Business Class Entry), then go straight towards the security check area.
- Carry only one hand baggage as your cabin luggage to ensure a faster security clearance.
- At the security check area, keep all your electronic and personal items in one tray. Avoid using multiple trays to facilitate quicker security checks.
- Reach your respective boarding gate in advance and wait for the flight boarding announcement.
While travelling during the holiday season is fun, it can also be a little time-consuming because of the rush. So, to avoid dealing with long queues, follow the above-mentioned travel guidelines and have a smooth and hassle-free travel experience at the Delhi Airport.