Delhi Airport led the way to set up the first Airport COVID Lab offering an RT-PCR facility to all arriving international passengers to avail an exemption from institutional quarantine. Now, after a successful phase-1 operation, the facility introduces upgraded packages for the benefit of all passengers.
- The facility will be operating 24*7 for both arrival and departure passengers.
- This service and facility are being provided in collaboration with Premium Plaza Lounge and Genestrings Diagnostic Centre, a Delhi-based laboratory, which is currently associated with the Delhi government to test COVID-19 samples
- The cost of the package for arriving passengers is Rs. 3400 (2600+800), while for the departure passengers is Rs. 800. The above-mentioned package rate would be implied from 30th November 5 pm onwards only as per government rules.
- Passengers can book the slot online and proceed to the ‘Covid Test Center and Lounge’ available at arrivals and departure. After the test, passengers can relax at the lounge while awaiting the results and enjoy the lounge service.
- The test results will be available within 4-6 hours. All Passengers are suggested to book the slot 1 hour after the time of arrival and a minimum of 4-6 hours before the departure flight (the post sample collection) or book a domestic flight after test results are available.
- All arriving international passengers without pre-approved exemption can opt for exemption with a negative RT-PCR certificate.
- RT-PCR report is valid only up to 72 hours after testing.
- To support the Test Center and Lounge a Covid lab has been built in a 3500 square meter area at multi-level car parking (MLCP) of Terminal 3, this is the first COVID-19 testing lab among Indian airports.
As per government mandate, international passengers who are travelling to Delhi can take flight only with RTPCR COVID negative certificate.
In case of a positive result, the passenger will be processed in line with applicable ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) protocols by the State authorities. This will help the authorities concerned to avoid passengers affected with the disease from coming in close contact with those already having RT-PCR negative report.
Delhi Airport is continuously working towards making passenger journeys more convenient and hassle-free. We wish all our passengers a Happy Journey!